- Post your job publicly
- Even if your company has a past history of hiring from within or advertising openings by word of mouth; post it publicly on a job board.
- This gives the hiring manager a crucial moment of reflection while taking all of the understood expectations and requirements, and putting them on paper.
- Of course, it opens the opportunity to meet new candidates and even advertise.
- Conduct initial screen of resumes based on minimum requirements
- Go ahead and reduce the amount of candidates to scrutinize by rejecting resumes that don’t have the required experience.
- Get qualified candidates on the phone
- The good ones on paper may not be so good, and the lackluster resumes may knock your socks off.
- Regardless of whether you believe they may ultimately be the one you hire, give them the benefit of the doubt by talking to them on the phone.
- Give qualified candidates that have passed your phone interview a task to complete
- Before investing to much interest in a prospective employee, let candidates prove their interest and work ethic by showing up on time and completing a task; whether it be completing a paper application, or showing up for an interview.
- Your pool will definitely shrink down to the good ones once all the no-shows and poor performers show themselves.
The ultimate way to streamline your onboarding is to turn over all the work listed above to Tiger Labor & Staffing. We use our professional expertise to narrow down the crowd of candidates to one that you can try before you hire
Give us a call today!